Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Awkward Moment When Your Stomach Growls


When I’m not deriving mother functions, attempting not to touch asymptotes on graphs, and not telling people to Fog Gof in my Algebra 2 class (okay, please excuse the math humor here), I am often thinking about food. I think it’s probably because I have math first thing in the morning, which is, just to my luck, when I am about as alert as when I am sleeping.
The chances of me eating breakfast is very small. I have a carpool I need to think about, homework to finish, and sometimes I wake up at 7 in the morning. Chances are, all 3 of those are going on that day, and I get out of the house at around 7:15, pick up my carpool, and step into my math class just as the bell rings.
My teacher tries to mix up the seating each math class by having the SmartBoard mix our seating chart around, but I always end up sitting next to the same couple kids. Not that I’m complaining, but a lot of my friends are in that class, and I’m always on the other side of the room that they’re on. My luck is wonderful.
Anyways, usually around 8, the pains of not eating since the last night will start to show.
The worst part is, my stomach growls so loudly sometimes that the little freshman next to me stares at me like I’m some sort of circus act. Which, I mean, I’m sure my face looks like it that early in the morning.
But it’s even better when the class is silent while taking a quiz and then my stomach growls.
What’s even better though?
When several people’s stomachs growl in, like, the same minute.
Teenagers.
They’re all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment